Archive for the ‘Saddle Pads’ Category

It’s been a productive, sewing-filled weekend. But I’m glad! Four pads down, three more to go!

It’s been a while since I’ve made any bareback pads, so I have a few of those in the works as well:

Also, I might have started something Christmas related… 😉

Advertisements

Read Full Post »

It’s been another saddle pad and halter sort of week.

The herd has also grown… uh, a bit, (some were tag-alongs) and several of them needed special saddle pads, because I guess that’s a thing now in addition to halters and blankets.

First, this navy swallowtail styled one.

This is a mini version of full-sized ones sold through the Baroque Horse Store. Lately I’ve been really attracted to Baroque/Medieval-ish/Fantasy inspired tack, so I’m sure more inspired pieces will follow sometime down the road.

I remember reading somewhere that the swallowtail styled pads used to be really popular but went out of fashion in the real horse world?

By the way, the saddle stand was made (and gifted to me <3) by Bobbie of Horse Tender Studio. These stands are super nice and of great quality – check them out!

Next, this colorful English one:

Bobbie also gifted me this fabric, and I couldn’t wait to put it to use. I decided to quilt it with metallic gold thread, which was a huge headache but I like the end result.

And lastly, a western pad was made from a fabric sample I’ve had in a box forever. It was just big enough! The fringe on the bottom was an experiment that seemed to turn out ok.

It’s kind of strange not making a contoured pad though, haha.

Until next time…

Read Full Post »

It’s nice to be starting sewing projects again. Aside from work, I haven’t been doing much sewing. I’m still having foot problems and operating a foot pedal can be really painful. Luckily things have gotten a bit better, so I’ve been working on my English saddle pads.

I’m always looking for ways to improve, so for these I went with smaller quilting, smaller binding and a small/pony sized pattern.

What I’m most pleased about is the underside.

My old pads aren’t awful but the bottom/exposed thread has always bothered me. I’m glad I was able to come up with a solution.

The only downside is that these aren’t as soft and flexible as my older ones, but they do keep their shape well.

On Gem Twist:

Copperfox Connemara:

It feels good to be sewing model horse stuff again though. I have plenty of ideas for more… I just need to find the time! 🙂

Read Full Post »

Older Posts »