Wishing you all a blessed and happy Sunday. ^_^
Posts Tagged ‘Breyer’
Over the years I’ve managed to collect quite a few Breyer blankets:
I’ve modified many of them, mostly by taking off tags and removing velcro closures so I can replace them with ribbon straps. I feel kind of guilty doing that… but anyway.
My favorites are the Rambo and Weatherbeeta blankets.
When I learned about the existence of a green Weatherbeeta I knew I had to track it down. It’s been, um, years since I decided that, and I was never ever in the right place at the right time. But last week was THE week! FINALLY.
It’s the Weatherbeeta! It’s green! It… has a lot of problems!
But I got it for 4 bucks, and I knew I could fix it so yay. ^_^
Whoever previously owned it chopped off the belly and tail straps, my guess would be for the hardware. It was also missing it’s logo and it’s satin-ish lining is snagged in a few places.
I like fixing things (I do it for a living, haha) so I’ve had fun with it this week. The first thing to go was the leftover straps. Luckily they were sewn through both layers of material, so I could easily take out the stitches with a seam ripper.
I don’t have any spare hardware from another Breyer blanket, so I used etched hardware instead. Rio Rondo (on the right) was a closer match than the hardware from Solstice Sky Studio, but it is a bit smaller.
I also noticed that there are lines drawn on the blanket, I’m assuming to help with assembly at the factory. It made positioning the new straps a lot easier anyway!
Shiny new straps sewn in place:
The last step was to make a copy of the logo and print it out in the right size. I covered it with a piece of packing tape to give it a glossy look. It’s not perfect, but it’ll do.
I am so happy. I suppose it’s silly to get so giddy over a blanket, but I’m glad to have it anyway. 🙂
Supposedly there is a third variation (blue and grey?) out there somewhere, but I’m happy with these two for now.
Also, Breyer, if you’re listening, this blanket would look great in purple or red! 😉
Even though I really am out of room, another new pony made it’s way into the herd. (and Breyer keeps tempting me with new releases too… I mean have you all seen the Breyerfest horses revealed so far???)
Anyway, this is the Connemara from the “Best of British” series, with the loose mane/tail variation.
Most of the loose mane versions I’ve seen haven’t had any dapples, so I was pleasantly surprised to discover mine did. In person they’re a lot more subtle than my photos show.
I ended up ordering a replacement stand for him by Towns End Art, as his “wave,” while good for display, would get in the way for photos.
It was kind of amusing to see him on it for the first time. I’m so used to the Newsworthy mold on the wave that he looked like he was flying! (I think his name will be Peter Pan because of that, haha) But at the right angle the acrylic practically disappears, and since it’s small editing it out of photos will be easy.
I also got one for my jumping horse – he can fly too! 😄
Today I set up my indoor arena to get some photos. I wasn’t positive on where to place him with the jump, so forgive me if I’m way off! I tried to get an idea of it by watching slow-motion videos of jumping horses, and that seemed to help some.
Like I thought, editing out the stand was fairly easy, and much, much easier than trying to get rid of the wave!
Here’s a quick shot with a Jr. Rider I have in progress:
Now he needs a saddle and pad and bridle and… >_<